Hello Freddie

>What did I do wrong?

You answer your own question: "Problems with first batch" and "I
tried the fool proof method".

It says right at the top of the "Foolproof" method page:

"NOTE: The two-stage biodiesel processes are advanced methods, not
for novices -- learn the basics thoroughly first. The single-stage
base method is the place to start. Start here."

"Here" being here:

"Where do I start?"
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html#start

So why ignore it? One test batch makes you advanced? If that advice
isn't worth taking then why would the rest of the method be worth
anything?

More sound advice that you ignored - also near the top of the page:

"Test batches
"Whenever you're trying a new method, it's always a good idea to make
small test batches of a liter or less first to familiarize yourself
with the process before moving on to bigger batches."

But you made 25 gallons with a method you've never tried before?

Please see this recent message to the Biofuel mailing list:

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/37310/

Read all six of the messages in the thread, including this:

>There was some discussion about this at the list recently, please see
>these two previous posts:
>
>http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/35241/
>Re: What went wrong?
>
>http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/35214/
>Re: What went wrong?

>Hi I am new to biodiesel. I made my first test with 1 gallon of new
>oil and got a wonderful looking amber fuel.

Did you try the wash test?
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_vehicle.html#quality

Best wishes

Keith