What I do is to calibrate the water heater first, from a smaller
measuring container, and set a mark on the sight tube (or on the pump
output/sight tube ifyou don't have a separate sight tube) when I've
reached the quantity that I think the water heater will handle.

I use the calibrated 5-gallon carboys to measure the volume in the
reactor as well. It's not good to go from english to metric
measurements, but if you don't have something calibrated in liters,
the carboys are your next best bet. Fill them with oil to the exact 5
gallon mark and attach them to what is normally the methoxide inlet.
shut off the tank isolation valve (ie the main valve between tank and
the rest of the plumbing). Then the pump will eventually draw from the
carboy (assuming the carboy is higher than the pump and is on it's
side...)

Keep track of how many carboys you put in, but after the first 10
gallons or so, you can just measure how much the mark on teh sight
tube will go up for every 5 gallons.

You'll need to leave room for methanol, and also make note that most
water heaters are somewhat over-rated as far as their capacity- by
maybe 8% or so? so a 50 gallon will only hold 46 or something like
that.

Convert over to liters before making your batch, so that you don't
make a math mistake by accident on measuring the other ingredients.

girl mark
www.localB100.com

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "mark johnson II" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I PROBABLY BE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS UNTIL I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE
PROCESS.
> I HAVE A 55 GALLON DRUM FOR MY WVO.  AFTER I 'VE MADE MY METHOXIDE,
ETC...
> HOW DO I KNOW HOW MUCH WVO  TO PUMP INTO THE MY WATER HEATER?  HOW
DO I
> MEASURE THE WVO WHILE IT'S IN THE DRUM,AND BEFORE IT GOES IN WATER
HEATER?
> THIS JUST DAWNED ON ME ON MY WAY BACK FROM GETTING SUPPLIES FOR MY
FIRST
> TEST BATCH.  I AM TRYING TO GET MY "APPLE SEED PROSSER" READY FOR
WHEN I GET

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/FGYolB/TM