On Saturday, August 28, 2004, at 01:58 PM, PeterG wrote:

> Message: 9
>    Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:23:25 -0700 (PDT)
>    From: Guag Meister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: processing 4000 liters a week - permits.
>
> Hi Andres ;
>
> Congratulations!  I think we all would like to wish
> you luck and success in your new project.
>
> From my past experience with chemicals processing (pcb
> factory), there were local registration requirements
> for any tank over 80 gallons in which the pH was less
> than 5 or over 9.  There was also secondary
> containment requirements (cement berm around the place
> with an appropriate enclosed volume to contain all the
> liquids).  There were other requirements for flammable
> liquids like biodiesel, methanol, etc (fire detection
> and sprinkler, building construction, etc).
>
> Please check with your local fire department before
> filling any tank.  Sooner or later you may need those
> guys (hopefully never!).  If the first time they see
> your setup is when there is a problem,  you may find
> yourself in a lot of hot water.  You can demonstrate
> good citizenship and intentions by meeting with them
> and getting their input BEFORE there is a problem.
> These guys put their lives on the line every day.
> Nothing annoys them more than clandestine operations
> (planned or done in secret) which are flagrant fire
> hazards.  If you get their input first, they will be
> more than happy to help you.  If you don't, they will
> surely hurt you.
>
> Best Wishes
> Peter G.
> Thailand

Peter,

Thanks for the sound advice.

Before being allowed to pick up the WVO, i've got to submit everything
(vehicle, tanks, storage, processing area, etc. to the appropriate
local authorities. If they like what they see, they issue a permit for
the transport of oils, fats, alcohols, soaps and fatty acids, as well
as a further permit for storage and non-feed 'recycling' of same.

I've also got to be able to prove, at any given point in time, that no
waste stream hits the environment. Even the wash water will need to be
recycled.

The local volunteer fire department will be one of my first customers.
They'll get the stuff at cost. Poor guys stand around intersections
during lunch hour with their helmets out, trolling for tips. Gets hot
in those black leather suits. : (

andres yver

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/FGYolB/TM