What happened in the Russian schoolhouse was terrible. this morning
i was speaking to a young, local kid about that mess in Chechnia.
i mentioned that just last week two passenger planes in Russia
were blown out of the sky by two Chechian women. These
women were a part of a group called the black widows because
their husbands and many times children have been killed in the
war with the Russians and in many Muslim cultures when your
husband dies...the wife's life also grinds to a halt. i tried to point
out that when any part of a society has no stake in that society then
they have no reason to promote the general well being of the society.
i mentioned that i thought that we were so lucky that Martin Luther
King and Lyndon Johnson and the Kennedys and so many others
had moved the civil rights movement forward in the 50's and 60's
because if they had not we would have people of dark skin color
here today with no stake in this society...their children would not
have the opportunity to succeed and many would be working
actively to bring our society to a halt. as we were driving we
passed several of those gas trucks that i never used to notice
until they began being blown up all over Iraq by the people who
have no stake in what we are doing in their country. In some
upscale communities in Chicago there have been a rash of
attacks by groups of young people on single, vulnerable men
apparently just for the fun of beating the hell out of them. i
believe that lack of hope and belief that they have no stake in the
future of their society is the cause of all of these desperate
acts. until we have leadership and a large number of citizens that
understand and accept that we are all the same and work for the
good of everyone then we will have the desperate, violent acts
occurring all around us and i believe many are becoming more
desperate(uninsured, unemployed) and we are going to be seeing
more ridiculous violence from these desperate people.     Ross
o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0oo0o0o00o0o0o
The difficult situation that the US is in can not be solved by waging
more wars. The violence done in our name generates more violence
and hatred against us. The solution arises from changing our attitudes
about other people. We need to stop the theft of their resources and
labor and begin to treat them with respect and dignity. RossCannon

Get your name as your email address.