De:     Kim & Garth Travis [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el:     Jueves 9 de Septiembre de 2004 8:01 AM
Para:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: [Biofuel] Creating a cool room storage in a hot climate

Greetings,
[Please note I never say 'hello']

First I would like to thank the committee for finding a new home for
biofuels.  If someone would be kind enough to share the information on how
this list is set up, I would love to move my lists to elsewhere, too.

I have been doing a great deal of research since my post much earlier this
summer about how to preserve the harvest.  I have discovered lacto
fermented vegetables which are quite wonderful.  The problem is now that
instead of needing a bunch of freezers, I need a bunch of
refrigerators.    I have also acquire a Jersey cow name Carol, so I now
make cheese that needs to be aged.  The long term storage temperature needs
to be below 50F.  For corning beef and other things I need below 40F but
above 32F [0 C].

I have a high water table so I can only go down 4 feet and the ground is
65F at this depth.  I do make use of this for cooling my buildings, but
this is a far way from the root cellar I need.  My water comes out of the
ground at 80F so it is no help.  We really do need to go off grid so I am
really trying to keep my power consumption to a minimum.

Root cellaring sounds so wonderful, but I have yet to figure out how to do
it in a hot humid climate.  Any suggestions?

Bright Blessings,
Kim