oops, i wasn't quite clear enough on a couple things.

with only one exception all the vehicles i'm talking
about are 10+ years old ranging on up to around 25
years old. maybe they're just good quality? the older
ones are all european diesels, which might well be
part of the reason why they've done so well.

i don't drive a lot compared to people in my area,
(which i know is still extravagant by comparison with
many parts of the world) but i live in the country and
when i do drive 5 miles is the minimum, with 10-20
miles being more common. and we don't have extreme
cold here so don't salt the roads, which would also
help a lot. cars just last much longer here before
rusting out.

erik
--- "Johnston, Don" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>