That's because the fire codes stop at Class IIIb. There are no fire codes on
class IIIc, but look at the definitions. It is not rated as a combustible
liquid, let alone a flammable liquid. Its not fire code regulated.

Even if one wanted to regulate to the far more restrictive IIb, those are not
difficult hurdles. Here is a summary of the applicable IIIb requirements as
if for biodiesel, Which Don't Apply to Biodiesel.

Tom Leue

National Fire Code Regulations:

NFPA Code 30     Fire protection Code for Storage of Flammable Liquids

2.2.2.3     Plastic tanks permitted inside with fire extinguisher system.
          Tanks to 15’ high in steel, 7’ high in plastic.
2.2.5.2.1     No emergency relief or special venting requirement for storage
tanks.
2.3.2.1.5     Tanks up to 12,000 gallons must be located more than 5 feet
from property line or another significant building.
2.3.2.2.1     Tank separation as close as 3’ apart.
2.3.4.1          No storage tank building required, outside storage OK. Roof
or canopy does not constitute a building.
3.3.3.2          Any type of tank valves may be used.
4.4.2.1          Storage tank warehouses to have 2 hour fire rating on walls
and ceilings.
4.4.2.5          Curbs, scuppers and drains need not be provided to control
releases.
4.4.4.1          Indoor, unprotected storage up to 55,000 gallons. More
allowed in liquid warehouses.
4.5.2.2          Each tank limited to 13,750 gallons.
4.5.6.2          For unprotected mercantile storage areas, up to 15,000 total
maximum storage allowed.
4.8.2.2          For water sprinklers, 120 square feet per sprinkler head.
4.8.5          No spill containment required for portable storage areas.
4.8.6.1          Sprinklers @ 50 PSI to 15’ height.
5.1.1          Solvent distillation unit restrictions do not apply.
5.3.3.1          Areas and building used for blending or mixing may be
constructed of flammable materials.
5.5.4.1          Areas outside of designated storage areas may contain up to
20 portable storage containers up to 660 gallons each.
A173          OSHA classification of IIIB fuel is combustion temperature ≥
200°F.
D4 (a)          For 5-gallon storage areas, any type of sprinkler head may be
used.