Ken,

At 03:00 AM 11/19/2004, you wrote:
on 11/18/04 2:57 PM, Nathaniel Rahav at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
<snip>>
> Everyone is certain that we are on the upswing of this cycle, meaning
> that we are headed towards greater truth & consciousness in all realms
> of the world.

Who is this everyone? I for one am skeptical. A strong leader who
understands the requirements of sustainability could do great work
worldwide, but most of the existing economic and political structures
are actively dedicated to preventing that from happening.

and US is about to waste 4 more years on Bush. LOL (instead of tears)

> Where does Peak Oil's vision of catastrophic world wars, death, &
> destruction fit within the assumption that the universe's underlying
> goal is Good?

Many of my friends would LIKE that to be true. Very few assume it.

me too.

<snip>

Hakan