Hey,
     New guy to the bio diesel program here. I am having a problem with
titration.
  I went to a local restaurant and picked up some wvo. I went thru the process
and it showed a titration of 8.3. I started completely over and the results
were exactly the same. Cool. Rather high though, so I went in search of a new
supplier. I brought home two samples from different sources The first sample
almost caught on fire on the stove, it looked like used motor oil, very black.
The kitchen filled up with smoke and it was kinda hard to breath.  Wife wasn't
happy. Anyway, onward to better things. The second sample boiled out well.
After cooling down, I began the process.  With the oil/isopropyl mixture in the
tube I checked its ph before adding any lye solution. It read 6.35. I then
added 1 ml. lye solution, the ph read 7.36. Cool. Then added .5 ml. and the ph
went to 7.46, another .5 ml., ph went to 7.51. Another 1 ml., ph read 7.53,
another 1 ml., that's 4 milliliters now, ph read 7.53 again. After that, every
time I added 1 ml. I lost 1 hundredth on the ph. At 9 milliliters I was at
7.49. Any body have any thoughts on why I couldn't raise the ph above 7.53, and
started loosing after that ? Am I doing something wrong or is this wvo just
unusable?   I repeated the whole process and the results were the same,
couldn't get above 7.53 ph. I reheated the oil to see if  there was still some
water in it, there was not. Am I doing something wrong or is this oil just
unusable?      Thanks, Dan