Message: 3
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:17:21 -0600
From: Kim & Garth Travis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Biofuel] New Car
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Greetings,

While I know some of you think that anyone who buys a new car is nuts, some
of us just don't have the time to play back yard mechanic.  I learned long
ago that hiring someone to do the kind of work that needs to be done with
an older car means bankruptcy.  The old adage of if you want it done right
do it yourself is really true of keeping cars running.  Building a
sustainable farm takes all my time.

That said, My Dear Husband would like to know what the opinion of the 2005
Volkswagon Golf TDI is?  He is buying me one this Friday and we hope to run
biodiesel in it after it is off warranty.

Bright Blessings,
Kim

I have a 2004 golf tdi I really like it. I get 50 mpg on the highway driving
kinda hard and usually 38 mpg in the city. I only have 17,000 miles on it
but problems yet! Don't wait to put bio diesel in it, that should not void
the warranty and if you start using asap you may avoid any fuel filter
cloging that sometimes happens when you run the first bio through.