before it can be called a viable alternative.
Now that the disclaimer is out of the way: I am looking into using a trailer refrigeration unit as a triple purpose genset. They both heat and cool, so with some duct work should be able to be used for those purposes in a small habitation or work area. Being equiped with the means to self generate power to charge it's own battery it could then also be used to charge a battery bank, one would think, or at worst have an extended fan belt sprocket installed and run a type of dynamo or something that could be kooked up to a generating device of some kind. I know nothing of these things, so the techie stuff may not be up to snuff, however I believe the idea to be sound, even if in need of further investigation. Should this prove to be viable it could produce a stand-alone building with heat and cooling (for the really hot summer days) as well as cogen electricity to power a BD lab. These reafer units run on diesel and have a self enclosed system to run independantly from outside help, so might be worth having a closer look at, which is what I intend to do. I shall report any findings, in the yea or nay. Luc