Can someone please explain why it is that approx. 70 to 80% (I think I am being
a little too conservative with these percentages) of the "items" for sale, at
any given department store in America today, are made in China?  This question
has bothered me for years.

Is this simply a matter of lower labor cost in regards to manufacturing?  Are
the majority of these products designed in the states and then produced
overseas?
I realize this is off-topic, and I do try to keep my off-topic posts to an
absolute minimum, but I could sure use some enlightenment on this one.

AntiFossil
Minnesota USA
"If you think you are too small to make a
difference try sleeping with a mosquito."
Dalai Lama