Mark,

Would a clear tube from the bottom drain looped up to the top of the
drain indicate the level well enough for your purposes or are you
looking to use the plexy to see where the separate layers are?

Andy

"Hey Todd,Mark Rose here.Interested in your thoughts on my settling tank.If
my milk tank,being cylindrical in shape,would not efficiently separate BD and
glyc. what about a standard 200 gal home heating fuel barrel? This has a round
bottom,flat sides and measures approx 2 feet wide by 5 feet long by 5 feet
high.I think this should work if we pump most pure BD off the top of processor
into tank. Whatever fuel is left on top of glyc can be separated after we dump
glyc waste into another vessel.Does that sound feasible? Would that style
tank,with appropriate drains,fittings etc. make a suitable settling vessel? We
plan to remove a slice of steel from the tank and install a piece of lexan or
plexy to use as a guage for drainage levels.
      Thanks again Todd.......Mark"