Stelios,

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.  I am not saying it
wrong, just that I don't follow it.  Bob Allen's comment on the water
content would definitely cause an apparent difference between the two.
 I mainly doubt that the positive ion would have an effect on the
saponifaction because as far I knew it is the hydroxide ion that
initiates saponification and the metal just hung around to balance the
charge.

Andy