Dear Kim,

Rather than trying to remove the chemicals from the garments, consider trying
to protect your husband from the garments/chemicals. Would it be feasible for
him to wear a light cotton undergarment, similar to long underwear underneath
the uniform. This way the chemicals would not be in direct contact with his
skin and if the undergarment is washed frequently then leach through would be
minimized. The idea would be similar to wearing a cotton glove underneath a
latex glove for people with latex allergies. I understand that you live in
Texas so the cotton would need to be thin or he might overheat in the summer.

Derek