I actually worked with my husband for 4 years, as his assistant. If he were a mechanic, there could be a slight degree of risk of fire, as they have set the occasional engine on fire. He does electronics, so there is no risk for him. In Canada, the company did methanol fracs, and they had a serious degree of risk. So much so that a fire truck and ambulance we manditory on location. Scary stuff. The company does not do such things in Texas. Since we have been in this industry, with this company for 16 years, we are well aware of the dangers of the industry, but fire is not one of them.

I do believe they will have to rethink these uniforms come summer. They are really heavy weight cotton/polyester and I do believe that problems with heat prostration are going to occur.

I am chemically sensitive, and have been fighting to stop my progress along those lines. I am well aware of the damage that 'safe' chemicals cause, I live with it. I do not want my husband to become as sensitive to everything as I am, I also don't want the chemicals on me.

As for washing the uniforms, the detergent is acceptable to the manufacturers but a tallow soap is not. This is why I sugested perhaps this might work as they tell me not to use it. I would have to take them to a laundromat, as I have a grey water system that waters my gardens. I do not want to eat whatever is in those uniforms!

Bright Blessings,
Kim