----- Original Message ----- From: "Selen GŸrbŸz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 7:20 AM
Subject: [Biofuel] Biodiesel equipment

Hi,

I am a new member of this group. I am a PhD student and in my institute we are going to start a project on biodiesel production, from waste frying oil and seed oil through transesterification method, for this reason we are looking for an equipment. Could anyone help me about it. Thank you very much for your concern. I remain.

Actually the "best" equipment is the one you make yourself. You customize it to your needs in view of automation, simplicity, volume ect. There are several processor examples on the JtF site that you can draw ideas from.
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_processor.html
That said, however, it has been mentioned here more than a few times to stay away from the pre-fabricated poly-cone type processors as they are not what they claim to be, are exopessive without justification and do not produce a product that is near the quality you can do your self. Besides, in the environment you are in building yor own reactor/wash tank system could be viewed as part of the learning curve, and would help you also better understand what is happening during the transesterification process and it's subsequent road to completion as top rated usable fuel. Study the material on the JtF site carefully and don't try to skip any steps and you will get there. Use the highest quality equipment you can IE: scales, measuring containers,chemicals (NaOH or KOH) and work in an atmosphere that promotes safety and sufficient warmth not to interfere with the reaction.

Luc

Best Regards,
Selen Gurbuz