Hi,
I have to echo what Hakan has said, and what Keith has said on other occasions.
With the exception of a few hotspots I find that people are pretty tolerant of
others. As long as someone traveling realizes that the are a guest, and act as
a guest, they are generally well accepted regardless of whichever country they
hail from. Many people have issues with the US government. LOL - I have issues
with the US government. But, they don't necessarily carry that over to their
relationships with US citizens.
So, if one travels with a low profile, dresses modestly, listens rather than
talks, tries to learn rather than to teach, has a bit of humility rather than
arrogance, etc., I don't think they should hesitate to travel.
Derek