Hi Keith, Kim,
Family of origin, place of origin, it's deep, was what I meant.  Somewhere
out of our thinking brain.  It's an issue, someway or another, as your
thoughtful replies imply.  Some people search around until they find their
real home, and whew!  That's satisfaction.

I'm a Southron. Back during The War thousands of verses were written to our national anthem, Dixie; one of them went,

"I thank God every sparklin' morn
 That he saw fit to have me born
 in Dixie."

I've always felt that way, and feel sad for anyone who doesn't feel that way about their natal land.

And if one is truly fortunate, as their youth ends and they are reborn as an adult, they'll find their heart's homeland, as John Denver described when he wrote,

"He was born in the summer
 of his twenty-second year,
 coming home to a place
 he'd never been before.