>http://www.americanvision.org/articlearchive/02-09-05.asp
>
>Did George Bush Lie About America Being Founded on Christian Principles?
>By Gary DeMar

Its interesting to note that this article makes the very foolish leap from god
to jesus.  God is referenced several times but jesus is only refernced 3 times
and the author claims that the words lord and god really mean jesus.

Further, the bulk of christian principles are also reflected in every other
major (and minor) religon.  So, while the country was founded by primarily
christians, and such principles were present, I read the message authors like
DeMar are sending as, "We should emulate the Bible and as such persecute those
who don't endorse it."

Last I checked, my country (USA) was founded on principles that stood in
defiance of just such persecutions.