Keith Addison wrote:
Hi Martin

Hi Keith et al,
I used Perlite mixed with refractory cement in my aluminum casting furnace. The walls saw temperatures surpassing 2000F, it was working well. The mixture was 50/50, and the perlite is very light-weight, reducing the overall mass of the structure.
--
Martin K

Perlite gives very similar results to rice husk ash. Michael Allen and I discussed Perlite in this context when I made that page on rice husk ash. You used the same ratio of cement as I do with RHA, after trying it 20 different ways in tests.

Regards

Keith

I wouldn't mind using RHA for such a thing, but I don't think I'm within 1000 miles of a rice field.

--
Martin K
http://wwia.org/sgroup/biofuel/