>My question to you is why ethanol?  What drove >you to select ethanol
>as the "replacement" fuel source for this application
Hi Anti Fossil,
. Several reasons. First there is the danger of propane. Propane is a gas
that under pressure is a liquid. I admit I am too careless with propane. I
would like to get rid of it for safety reasons if nothing else. You should
wear safety equipment when filling, transporting and attaching the propane
cylinder to the BBQ. The liquid propane boils to a gas when the pressure is
released. If when attaching the tank to the BBQ or upon filling or at
anytime you get a liquid propane leak and get it in your eye, your eye ball
will be instantly frozen. Ethanol on the other hand is so non toxic that
government requires that you make it toxic before you are allowed to use it.
Now doesn't that make sense to a Bureaucrat. Propane is considered a clean
fuel but it is a fossil fuel. Ethanol is a renewable fuel, it is much
cleaner than propane and it is free! and I like free!  There is the labour
in converting the organic potato and apple waste by fermentation from a
restaurant and then a small energy charge in the distilling process. There
is danger involved in the tank and BBQ conversion so I do not recommend that
anyone actually try it without professional help of which I am not. I plan
to wait until warm weather to use the sun to help purge the tank so it will
be a while before I attempt the conversion.
Yours truly
John Wilson
Goldens
Wilsonia Farm Kennel Preserve

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Ph-Fax (902)665-2386)

Web: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/goldens/new.htm
Pups: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/goldens/pup.htm
Politics: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/goldens/elect.htm
              http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/goldens/c68.htm

In Nova Scotia smoking permitted in designated areas only until 9:00 PM .
After 9:00 it is okey to kill everyone.