I was having a problem with my fuel system(f250 6.9L).
Stalling, loss of power, white smoke and stall when I mashed the fuel pedal
ect. So I started at the the tank and worked my way up.
(by the way I havn't started using BD yet, it's in the wash tank)

I droped the tank, The first thing I noticed was the lack of a fuel strainer.
There were a few pieces of  ruber\plastic, a screen and some remnant of some
sort of diaphragm. I started checking auto parts stores with no luck.
The dealer only carries the sending unit with the fuel strainer $138.99 of
course I had them order the part right away (to inspect the construction of the
fuel strainer I.E. what the strainer looked like before it fell apart and got
sucked into my fuel line). It arived the next morning. I removed it from the
box, made some measurements and went to Walmart (housewares). I found a
Stainless steel funnel $3.50, Then to Home Depot (plumbing) 3/8-3/8 compression
fitting $3.00. I pulled out my angle grinder, cut off the neck, then I took one
of the compression nuts and ground past the flair (making it a threaded sleeve)
I put the fitting through and tightened it down.

It still wasn't a strainer yet so back to walmart.
I found a steel stationary holder $2.38, chopped it up, wrapped it around the
funnel tightened the other end of the compression fitting to the fuel line and
dropped it in the tank.

Stainless steel funnel $3.50
3/8-3/8 compression fitting $3.00
steel stationary holder $2.38
         Total $8.88
Not having to pay the dealer $138.99 for a part I didn't need  - priceless

Jeremy