 From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 1:52 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] End of Suburbia" and Ruralization

: Pannir,
:
: I feel the same as you. The big cities ruin the ecology. The whole premis
that millions of people should live jam packed in a city is wrong.
:
: Cities artificially compensate for the massive overtaxing of the ecology
by building waste water treatment plants, storm water run off systems,
concrete covered streets, and centralized energy distributions systems.
:
: The air stinks, the water has to be clorinated to be made safe, citizens
must travel miles to get a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread.
:
: The total cost of living in a city is subsidized by taxing non-urban
residents. The sole benefit to mankind for living in a city is incorrectly
identified as efficiency.
:
: More jobs, more resources, less transportations costs, less fuel burned,
less air pollution, but that is all bull. Everything needed to live in a
city must be transported into, and within, the city.
:
: I have lived both in big cities and in the countryside. I now live one
mile outside of a small rural town in northern Wisconsin. My one and only
trip to New York city left me wondering why anyone would live there. It was
filthy, noisy, crowded, most of the streets were in disrepair, the subway
trains seemed to drag themselves along the tracks, facades were falling off
the buildings (and killing pedestrians below), the only good thing I found
was the ability to get great food at any hour of the day or night, but that
is little compensation.
:
: Big cities are artificially sustained entities. Take Chicago for example.
Of all the tax revenue collected by the state of Illinois, 90% goes to Cook
county (Chicago). The rest of the state must live off the remaining 10%. If
cities are so efficient, why must they be so heavily subsidized? The reality
is they are not efficient; they are really inefficient public works
projects.  :
:
:
: Biofuel mailing list
: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
: http://wwia.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/biofuel
:
: Biofuel at Journey to Forever:
: http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html
:
: Biofuel archives at Infoarchive.net (searchable):
: http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
: