----- Original Message -----
From: Keith Addison

> Did you heat it?
I heated the oil to 50 degrees celcius.   Actually, the thermometer I used
burst so some alcohol went in there but I'd hoped that that had evaporated
off.    I cooled it a bit by waiting.

> How did you agitate it?
I agitated it with a spoon.   A plastic picnic spoon which I think,
unfortunately, started to dissolved.   I must admit.

> For how long?
Until it went thick.   Like french salad dressing when you've added the
whole grain mustard; a thick emulsion.  Identical, infact, to a french whole
grain mustard salad dressing in colour and texture.

> >I've had trouble disolving my caustic soda granules which seem to be, on
> >average, over 1.25 mm in diameter so I've tried smashing them with a
hammer
> >but I fear that moisture may be getting in this way unless my methanol is
> >spiked.
>
> See Methoxide the easy way
> http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_aleksnew.html#easymeth
>
> Are your scales and measuring flasks etc accurate?
No; this I will rectify by buying an electronic scales and thermometer and I
think my measuring pippet is good.

> Best
>
> Keith

Thanks for your help again.

All the best,

> >JD2005

P.S. currently my methnol is, currently,  hooked up to a 110v half wave
rectified (like crude DC) power supply and does drop a , relatively small,
potential so a current is being drawn although I've not been able to measure
it yet.  This is interesting because I didn't think it would conduct at all.
This may mean that you can dry methanol in this way if necessary.

Also,  I was looking through jfe recently and happened on the emmissions
content of emr in relation to eer.    Is it that the methanol can pass on
it's greenhouse gas effect even when it has been turned into emr and burnt?