I have a '97 gmc 6.5l td / k2500 suburban. dunno about wvo in it, but I can talk to you about
2 killer issues on these trucks: fuel pump failure and 4x4 failure.

re the fuel pump,
SYMPTOM:
stalling at stoplights or even on highway for no apparent reason.
CAUSE:
The pump-mounted-driver, or PMD. this box is primarly 2 large power transistors that are unfortunately mounted-on-the-pump, which lives under the intake manifold and is subject to high heat.
The electronics get overcooked.
CURE:
not $400, more like $40. Find the guy on ebay selling take-off pmd's for $20 each. Buy 2 or more. Disconnect and route the pmd harness to the side of the intake so that the PMD can live outside. I was a dope and r&r'd the manifold, but given a second chance, I'd get flashlights, dental mirrors
and slightly stiff wire to finess the harness through.
Scrounge a good sized heatsink from a really old PC. Or, hit me up for one of a stack of 12v fan/heatsink combos that I scrounged from the company dumpster. Get heatsink compound from radio shack or the like.

4x4:
SYMPTOM:
pushbutton system not engaging/disengaging:
problems range from minor to psychotic. I'm in the psychotic stage, but i have a possible slick cure on the way.

skk

Busyditch wrote:

Hello list members
I am now the owner of 2 diesel vehicles. My trusty Golf TDi (B20 only, for
now)has been joined by a 1995 Chevy 2500 pickup with the 6.5 liter Duramax
TurboDiesel. I intend on converting to WVO using the Greasecar kit, mainly
because I  like the <1 minute purge feature. I was wondering if any members
have experience with this engine using WVO, and if there are any problems to
converting to WVO. Also I need to know what kind of WVO is recommended to
use, as I have a wide variety of restaurants here to choose from. And if
there are issues to what kind of processing I use on my WVO to make it
friendly to my truck. Thanks to all who suppport this list, looking forward
to becoming fossil free.
j hajeski