Hi all,

I am gearing up for my first test batch of biodiesel from virgin oil this
weekend.  A few have suggested that using a proven process and visual
observances should be satisfactory tests to verify that all went well.  Be
that as it may, I am still trying uncover any possible measures to help verify
my results.  So, I am wondering, has anyone used biodiesel in a backpacking
stove that is capable of burning petro-diesel?  Can I expect that if I use
biodiesel in one of these jobbies, should it burn the same as petro-diesel?
Should I expect any difference in flame color?  Would this sort of test be
completely insignificant?  Either way, I would certainly feel better the next
time I'm out on the trail if I was heating my dinner with bio instead of petro.

Thanks in advance,
Ken