Patric,  I guess there will be plenty of info on the JTF website.  Not sure
anyone can say that a given level is absolutly safe.  I drive an old 79
MBZ 300 TD and use 50% veggi oil which I filter to 5 microns before mixing into
 the dyno.  I usually get 5 gal of dyno at the station then add 5 or 7
gal of veggie oil later at home.  I have had no trouble so far but have only
been running this way for 8K miles which is nothing in the life of a
diesel.  I started by using 10% and noticed less black smoke under heavy load
so I kept increasing.  If it was hotter here in the SF bay area I would
use a higher %.

Good Luck  I would say you would be safe at 15%,  Mixing has not been a problem.

                      Patrick Campbell
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      net>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [Biofuel] Filtered WVO
mixed with diesel
                      biofuel-bounces@
                      wwia.org

                      04/07/2005 10:01
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to biofuel

I live in AZ and its starting to get hot.  Sadly, I am not in a position
to be making my own biodiesel unfortunately.  I live in an apartment
complex with no garage.  I'm thinking about collecting some WVO and
filtering.

Driving a 24v Cummins turbodiesel (Bosch VP44 and NOT common rail
injection) that has been converted to be more biodiesel friendly (Running
Goodyear J30R9 hose from the tank to the injection pump and a Racor 6120R
filter), can I simply filter WVO and mix it to a percentage with
petrodiesel?

If so, what percentage would be completely safe with no worries of hard
starts and clogging my fancy new RV275 injectors.

I fill about 30 gallons and was thinking 5-10 gallons (?).

To what microns should it be filtered prior to putting in my tank?

Will the petrodiesel and veg. oil "seperate" ? Will 1 go to the top and
the other the bottom?  Or will driving slosh it up enough to keep it
mixed?

(Pictures of my truck and fuel system at
http://www.jctransport.com/gallery/01dodge)

Thanks!
--
Patrick Campbell