And what of the fact that I can place selective pressure on bacteria in a culture and get them to evolve a new trait, like, oh say, antibotic resistance? And then I can publish how I did it, and then Bob, who is 1000 miles away, can replicate it exactly, without us ever having met or spoken?

All that proves is that when an intelligent being (in this case, you) sets out certain parameters, the biology of already living creatures responds to the environmental stimulus.

Not science you say? I beg to differ.

The process itself may follow the scientific method. The conclusions drawn from it, however, are often conjecture.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=9782>