Dear Hal,

You might want to consider planting male hybrid poplar
trees.

They are usuallly planted rather densly for the pulp
industry, they are rather low maintainence and have a
harvest cycle of about 15 years as they grow upwards
to 10 feet a year, though 7 feet is more probable.

Contact your neighborhood pulp or paper mill and they
should have some information that you need as to
planting spacing and where to get them, you might even
find out that they would be willing to lease your land
and do everything that needs to be done including the
harvest, which will then give your heirs the distant
income that you desire.

If you do not have any luck with your locals, try
American pulp and paper companies as they are planting
thousands of acres down here all of the time.

Try some search engines to find out about this.

Charlie Leveque
Global Green 21 Ltd. www.gg21ltd.com