I haven't seen any discussion on steam powered fans. Have we been there already?

Mike

I believe so, yes. Though that could even be integral, with a water jacket, but how much fuel would be left by the time you'd boiled enough water to power the fan, and how much smoke would there be in the meantime? Hm. Thinks.

Thanks!

Keith

Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>If it's not cold outside the building then why is the woodstove operating?
>The size and temperature of the stove does not create the building exterior
>temperature but rather the other way around. Perhaps you didn't understand
>what I meant by 'building envelope'.
>m--

You didn't check the link. The woodstove is operating when it's not
cold outside the building because these are not heating stoves,
they're small cookstoves for use in tropical countries. There is no
"building envelope", and Peltier units are not cheap, nor readily
available in 3rd World rural communities, nor something that can be
made locally, so as far as Appropriate Technology is concerned
they're not a good solution even if they worked for this application.

Keith