Helo Pieter

 As we have done  Phd  work on the  etanol form biomass  via enymatic
in 1980 from IIT Delhi , see earlier post  in this list,we like to
help in your effort towards  making etanol form  biomass.

    Please  kindly send  details about your past experiments.
Zeolite surely can be used to  seprate the  alcoihol by adsorcao.
welcom for   our  social technology network

sd
Pannirselvam
Brasiil

On 5/7/05, Pieter Koole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to give it another try to make ethanol from sawdust or other
> cellulose materials.
> In the past I have tried "Sawdust ethanol production" which I read somewhere
> I think on JTF, but didn't succeed.
> Well, IF I succeed this time, how can I now the % of ethanol and water ?
> I have zeolite, so I should be able to dry the ethanol. Can I measure the
> gravity to be sure enough I have 100% ethanol ?
> Would zeolite also adsorbe the alcohol ? If yes, what to do ? Drying the
> zeolite would cause loss of ethanol.........or ??
> Any advice on making ethanol from sawdust or newspapers would be very
> welcome.
>
> Another - maybe stupid - question :
> Sometimes I read <snip> in the messages. What does that mean ?
>
> Met  dank en vriendelijke groet,
> Pieter Koole
> Netherlands

> Biofuel archives at Infoarchive.net (searchable):

 Pagandai V Pannirselvam
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte - UFRN
Departamento de Engenharia Qu’mica - DEQ
Centro de Tecnologia - CT
Programa de P—s Gradua¨‹o em Engenharia Qu’mica - PPGEQ
Grupo de Pesquisa em Engenharia de Custos - GPEC

Av. Senador Salgado Filho, Campus Universit‡rio
CEP 59.072-970 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Residence :
Av  Odilon gome de lima, 2951,
   Q6/Bl.G/Apt 102