Hi David

Watch out for (1) environmental protection, (2) workplace safety
officers and (3) insurance issues. In some places town planning will
be in in it too.

If (1) and (2) aren't happy, (3) won't be interested :(

But if you set up a small operation hidden away and be careful to
dispose byproducts responsibly you might get away with it.

Trouble is sooner or later you'll want to expand and then they'll
want to see the professional design drawings that show the plant is
safe etc. This really shoves up the front end costs.