[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>WVO - waste vegetable oil
>what is VVO

"Virgin Vegetable Oil" I suppose. It's yet another silly acronym,
they proliferate like cancer cells, confounding comprehension and
clarity. It's jargon, is all. All newspapers restrict these things,
with good reason, but techies love 'em, scientists too - such
scientists as the one who once asked me to "dejargonalize" his
learned paper for him so he could get it published. (I sent it back
to him undejargonalised, feeling as I do that writers should either
avoid jargonalizationalism in the first place or do their own damn'
disundejargonalizing, might help to focus their minds a bit - the
more jargon, the poorer the work. Yes, the work, not just the
writing.)

WVO doesn't work well either, but it seems we're stuck with it -
"waste vegetable oil", yes, only it very often contains animal fats.
But an attempt to get it fixed simply led to a further proliferation
of noxious acronyms. In Britain they call it RVO - reclaimed
vegetable oil, as if anyone else would understand that. Hell, most
people don't even know what biodiesel is. :-( At Journey to Forever
we generally use "used cooking oil", not perfect, but better.

Best

Keith Addison

>Thanks for the clarification.

Biofuels at Journey to Forever