From: Gary Kimlin (Harry) UQ Gatton campus.

Hi Barry and Lyle,
I'm situated near Gatton. Friend Tony and I have been producing bio
for my Pajero and Tony's Crane hire truck for some months. We
generally make up to 200 litres a week from various feed stocks. We
have struck various problems that keep us from selling on the open
market (other than we use it all ourselves). Mostly filter problems
from dissolving synthetic and natural fuel lines, polimerisation of
regular bio with components of diesel as well as polimerisation via
epoxy formation from the linseed oil component of some cooking
blends.
I work (as a chemist)in partnership with an engineer to design and
supply plants for use in the pacific. Much easier from a pure oil,
that product could be marketed here provided that a
suitable "conversion" kit was included. Each of the local feedstock
problems has solutions, the challenge is to be able to make a
consistantly safe product from a range of cheap feed stocks in the
one versatile apparatus. I will assist antone who wants to make bio
for their own use and will convert oil for people for about 40c/litre
of feed stock (depending on feedstock quality).
Marketing the stuff without dealing with the identified problems
first could set us back years. We need our own Qld based quality
control. If it is handled realistically, as opposed to
idealistically, we could have a B10 or a B20 product available or
even compulsory in the non-subsidy areas within a few years. Then we
could all breath easier.
Regards from Harry
Ph. 07 54654221
email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

And yes I grew up in Hemmant on the Mad Mile.

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here
http://us.click.yahoo.com/75YKVC/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/9bTolB/TM