To:            biofuels-biz@yahoogroups.com
From:          "Jan Sur—wka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:          Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:12:26 +0000
Subject:       [biofuels-biz] (Fwd) (Fwd) incentives for motor biofules in
different countri

From:          Self <Single-user mode>
To:            Keith Adison
Subject:       (Fwd) incentives for motor biofules in different countries..
Date:          Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:46:27

From:          Self <Single-user mode>
To:            biofuelsbusiness
Date:          Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:43:25

Hi to all members,

I haven't been speaking for some time, but observing the discussion in the
group and recent
developments in my own country - Poland I came to a question:  how biofuels for
cars find their way
to market in different countries ???

I would like to ask members to contribute experience in their countries:

#       Are there any legal regulations in force that mandate using bioethanol,
methanol or biodiesel in
        your countries - can you name there bills, acts or ordinances of
government ministers ?

#       Do you have in your countries a tax incentives system (e.g tax credit)
for
        producing biodiesel and bioethanol/biomethanol - simple description
will suffice - could you also
        name the legal acts behind that ? Or to put it another way:  is your
tax system supporting
        development of renewable/biofuels for cars ?

#       Do you have investment subsidies to projects that produce biodiesel or
bioethanol/biomethanol ?

#       Are these systems of incentives  (legal, financial etc.) structured
around agriculture support
        systems or unemployment fighting strategy or within the strategy of
environmental
        protection/sustainable development or the like ?

#       Are there any lobbying bodies or groups that would like to see faster
deployment of renewable
        fuels for cars ?  Could you name them ?

#       Will larger development of biofuels contribute to higher employment in
your countries ?  (rough
        figures would be OK)

#       Could you please name two to three the most important factors that
would contribute to faster and
        larger development of biofuels ?

I want to combine these findings and publish them in one of the Polish thematic
journals and of
course to share them with the group.

For example in Poland there is a great discussion on excise tax that is
currently in use for oil
biodiesel  and also on biodiesel  (however some would argue that there is no
excise tax on
biodiesel).  There is a great uncertainty with respect to this since the tax
exemption is published
by the Ministry of Finance for one year period renewed every year.  So,
potential investor will
tremble each year - will they keep the exemption or will they withdraw it ?

jan surowka - Poland

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX
http://www.webconx.com/2000/biofuel/biofuel.htm