Tom Leue wrote:

>Reports of the death of Homestead Inc. and the cessation of Yellow Brand
>PREMIUM Biodiesel have been greatly exaggerated. I am sorry that your web
>listing no longer includes the quality product I produce, if it ever did
>include my production.

No it never did. By the time I heard of it you were talking of being
closed down, and gave no news of any further production.

>Your list would be far more helpful to the public if
>it were trying to be comprehensive, rather than just the "good old boys" in
>the NBB.

Well, why the hell do you think I asked?? Sheesh! I've got an amazing
record of supporting the NBB against the interests of small
producers, eh? Including you! Do you want me to spell it out here?
After you first posted your message about the EPA hassle you were
having here I spread it all over the place, got the debate going
wherever I could, steered it where I could, fed it any info I could
find that seemed relevant, spent a lot of time fighting over it when
it got hijacked by trolls at the Biofuel list, then, on request, I
set up a special closed group for you and a few others to deal with
the problem, put a lot of time into administering that and trying to
make it more useful. I push the interests and value of small
biodiesel producers as against big producers wherever I can. I doubt
anyone has done so more than I have.

And why should I care? I'm not involved, I have no interest in what
goes on in the US or other industrialised countries, with biodiesel
or anything else. Some remote village in Nepal or Tanzania where the
average citizen uses 1/155th of the energy per capita that the
average American uses, and probably to better effect and with less
harm, yes, that I'm interested in.

So don't give me a hard time, eh?

Please, somebody with a bit of objectivity, go to this page and tell
us if all it does is push the good old boys in the NBB - and you may
notice while you're there that the good old US of A doesn't quite yet
cover the entire surface of Planet Earth, though it seems it's trying
to.
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_supply.html
Biofuels supplies and suppliers

>Homestead Inc. now sells Yellow brand Biodiesel Degreaser.  This product is
>effective in parts washing machines and other cleaning chores. It is
>non-volatile, wonderfully effective either warm or cold, non-toxic, and can
>be safely disposed of in any waste oil burner, making the other oil even burn
>cleaner!
>
>Yellow Biodiesel Degreaser is available daily at Homestead Inc. in Ashfield,
>MA. Call 800 285-4533 (or 413 628-4533) for availability and sales
>information.
>Current prices is $2,40 per gallon, or in a handy, recycled, 5 gallon package
>for $13.00

I'm happy to know that. So you want me to give you some free
advertising in quite the best place for it on the Web, that big
companies offer me lots of money for but get turned down if I don't
think their products make it (and if they do make it their money gets
refused anyway), for me to spend time writing an entry for you, then
changing that page and uploading the new version... Sorry, maybe
you've caught me on a bad day or something, but try asking nicely and
I might get round to it sometime.

Keith Addison

>Tom Leue
>

>In a message dated 4/28/02 2:51:38 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
><< Okay... Is this an obvious declaration of a need to develop a
> >biodieseler's index of small producers?
> >
> >Todd Swearingen
>
>Yes. We have suppliers listed at Journey to Forever:
>http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_supply.html
>Biofuels supplies and suppliers
>
>And much besides, we don't get to hear of small producers, and we're
>much more interested in them anyway.
>
>I'd love to be able to offer a list of small producers, local
>producers, coops etc. Also local groups, local workshops, local what
>have you.
>
>Just send me the info, please, and I'll upload it and announce it.
>
>Keith Addison
>Journey to Forever
>Handmade Projects
>Osaka, Japan