Regarding misting and water injection.

I have not tried this, but have read about many good examples of it on the
www.tdiclub.com where people talk about tuning VW turbodiesels.  The primary
reason I heard of in that circle was related to the turbo. The engine can be
made more efficient if the charged air coming into it is cooler.  The
intercooler does cool down the intake air to some extent, but the amount of
cooling possible with a mister into the air intake (post turbo) allows
dramatic cooling of the intake charge, especially in parts of the country
with dry air (desert and such).  Most systems I have seen have been tied to
the boost sensor to only inject water under high boost conditions (when the
intake air is the hottest because of adiabatic compression in the turbo
system.

These are available at many hot rodding stores.  Just do a web search on it.

Hans Rosenberger

>From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: biofuels-biz@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: [biofuels-biz] WATER INJECTION and diesel
>Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 21:41:22 +0900
>
> >Keith,
> >I recall a series of postings on your other group (I unsubscribed
> >due the volume)
> >dealing with misters. I thought there was some for diesels too?
> >
> >Regards
> >Dave
>
>Hello Dave, how're you doing?
>
>Yes, people were working with Ron Novak's device, with good results.
>But I don't think any of them were diesels - it works with the
>carburettor. The same principle should apply to diesels though,
>shouldn't it? Any ideas? Though all the various national biodiesel
>standards set rather low tolerances for water content.
>
>Regards
>
>Keith
>

> >--
> >David Preskett, BSc (Hons.), AIWSc
> >
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >

> >Recycling - not a chore more a way of life
> >
> >University of Wales
> >BioComposites Centre
> >Deiniol Road
> >Bangor