It seems that yellowdiesel has had a smack down from the EPA (as many
of us know) for the 'unlisenced' production of fuel. I looked at yd's
asite, then went to the EPA site and got out the relevant text of CFR
(Code of Federal Regulations) that refer to diesel fuel. Here are two
pieces that were of interest to myself:

40 CFR 80.1(x) Diesel fuel means any fuel sold in any state or
Territory of the United States and suitable for use in diesel motor
vehicles, diesel motor vehicle engines or diesel nonroad engines, and
which is commonly or commercially known or sold as diesel fuel.

(y) Motor vehicle diesel fuel means diesel fuel, or any distillate
product, that is used, intended for use, or made available for use, as
a fuel in diesel motor vehicles or diesel motor vehicle engines.

There is also a requirements piece that refers to sulfur ppm, cetane
number, aromatic content and dye content. All standard tests, and
which do not cost a million bucks to do.

So, I'm confused. Either the EPA is flexing its muscles in territory
in which it has no business doing so (I could find ZERO mention of the
phrase 'biodiesel' in the CFR database), or, failing that, if the
definitions and requirements which apply to petro diesel were also to
be applied to bio diesel, then it would be easy to meet those
requirements, in which case they would also be unlawfully flexing
their enforcement powers, and in fact would be lieing.

Now.. is there another section of the CFR that specifically deals with
biodiesel? 'Alternative fuel' (Couldn't find a doc stating that
either)? Which section did they cite? I'd personally like to know, and
to reference them myself, to see if they even have a leg to stand on.

See, if it isn't in the CFR, they can't do it, nor can they demand it.
Unless I'm missing something here. Please let me know if I am off
base, or am on target.

--T

Kwick Pick opens locked car doors,
front doors, drawers, briefcases,