I bought a used Mercedes MB-100 van with a 2.9 liter 5-cylinder Diesel
engine a few months ago, with the idea of eventually running it on BD or
blend, but I'm having trouble getting to first base with this machine.

I can't find a service manual for this rig for love or money; the
nearest "local" dealership (200 nm away in Cebu) refuses to sell me one,
and none of the third-party manual-mongers (Haynes, Chilton...) seems to
cover it. The actual constructor, Ssangyong Motors in Korea, won't
answer their email.

Right now I'm shaky doing routine maintenance, much less modifying and
instrumenting it for an experimental fuel.

HELP!

Wonderful to drive, though, and it gets VIP treatment from the cops who
assume I must be somebody important. Ha!

Marc de Piolenc
Philippines
P.S. Somebody mentioned a Mercedes diesel mailing list. How do I get on?
Does it include diesel vans, or just sedans?

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/mG3HAA/9bTolB/TM