Dear Kavita,
May be you can prepare a brief report for your guide
to study hilighting the bio-diesel properties,
advantages etc. So that he is convinced
We at TERI can provide some information.

all the best for your research work.

shirish
Fellow,
Renewable Enegry Application Group,

(TERI),
Tata energy Research Institute,
Darbari Seth Block,
Habitat Place,
Lodhi Road,
New Delhi-110003

email:- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ph 4682111 ext 2127

--- kavitha palaniappan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am a post-graduate science student in India.  I am
> very much interested in the production of biodiesel.
>  After going through the various websites, I decided
> to take up the production process as my project
> work.  However, my professor says that the biodiesel
> produced from waste oil is only a fatty acid and not
> a diesel.  Moreover, this biodiesel has a longer
> hydrocarbon chain (than normal diesel) and hence
> would cause more pollution.  He is not ready to
> accept the emission reduction facts as given in the
> websites.
>
> Please help me!
>
> Kavitha.

> removed]