There is a world of difference between what we do on a small scale in our
back porch and what it will take for a high finance business world to take
notice of this new kind of thing: Biodiesel.  If you want biodiesel to become
a widespread alternative and to have some significant impact in the real
world, its got to make some MONEY. Real business have paid employees, paid
business managers, advertising, debt, real estate and, most important,
investors. The price we might pay for B-20 from World Energy or any other
supplier has to be kept down to be in proportion to the highly subsidized
price of petroleum.  If the subsidy that commercial biodiesel pas been
receiving disappears, you will see an almost instant stop to the growth of an
entire industry. You should remember what happened when Reagan stopped the
solar system tax credits.  If we want to have any future for alternative and
sustainable energy, we need to support this effort to keep the government
from killing this barely born industry.  This is the oil people against the
biodiesel people, for heavens sake.  What sense does it make to pay soybean
farmers to grow more soybeans by taking away the subsidy from the soybean
users? Don't we already run a huge surplus of soybeans already, and isn't
more subsidy to farmers just going to increase this problem?

Its time for us to be heard on this issue before the entire biodiesel
industry is put out to pasture. I'm going to help as well as I can.

Tom Leue
Homestead Inc.
www.yellowbiodiesel.com

In a message dated 10/22/02 1:58:39 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 00:23:47 -0000, you wrote:

>Dear Biodiesel Enthusiast,
>
>I work with World Energy, the largest supplier of biodiesel in the
>US.  I am asking your support in a campaign to demand that our
>government increase rather than reduce its support for biodiesel at
>this crucial time. As you are likely aware, biodiesel presently
>receives a production subsidy administered through the Commodities
>Credit Corporation (CCC).  The CCC has just issued new regulations
>that would drastically reduce the effectiveness of the subsidy.  We
>are already seeing the effects of this in the market with rapidly
>escalating biodiesel prices.

I am confused about something.  A recent news story I think put the
price of making biodiesel at something like $.60 per gallon, for
homebrewers able to secure a modestly priced source of base materials.
So, why exactly is there this need for a subsidy?  Was the cost
estimate in error?

Plan to Sell a Home?
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J2SnNA/y.lEAA/jd3IAA/9bTolB/TM