Does anyone know of any BD being produced using lipase type enzymes that are
bacterial/plant derived? I came across a Russian abstract concerning
esterification of LCFAās using enzymes from castor. Surely in our biotech
age and where technology is so readily available for the determination and
production of enzymes, that a group could be produced to produce the
transesterification rxn at room temp and most importantly in an aqueous
environment. This could well and truly simplify the processing. Of course
ethanol could then be used in place of methanol so that a truly Īorganicā
source of BD be produced.
W.

Biofuels at Journey to Forever
Biofuel at WebConX