Tim,

No hemp farmer in Canada or Europe is expending $600 per acre in
order to get a $600 return.

When you look at those who are cold pressing the seed for oil,
you find that there is an inordinate amount of sludge that gets
separated from the readily filterable oil. Cold pressing does not
give the luxury of high immediate yields (although it does offer
the luxury of "solvent free") and due to the nature of the food
grade oil business a great percentage of the oil is discarded as
sludge. Eventually the sludge separates even further, leaving
approximately 60% of what was discarded to be used for "less than
food grade" purposes.

This is the oil that would be used for biodiesel, not the
intially pressed oil.

At present, several of the oil producers in Canada are
stockpiling their sludge. This has resulted in large quantities
of hemp seed oil becoming available for fuel conversion.
Considering the fact that this was once considered to be a "waste
product," utilizing it as farm fuel is not an unattractive end
use.

As well, the fines that settle out of the sludge are a superb
chicken feed - yet another free product of what was once
relegated to the category of "waste."

Todd Swearingen