Hello Tom

That's glycerine/FFA/catalyst you were working with? Or rather soap,
not FFA. If you separate it:
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_glycsep.html
Separating glycerine/FFAs

... you're left with about 95%-pure glycerine (somewhat acidic), and
FFAs, and the catalyst on the bottom. The glyc and FFAs won't mix,
but either of them burns well, especially the FFAs, and I think the
FFAs should be cleaner burning than SVO or WVO.

I'll be doing more work soon on just how well they burn in what, how
best to use them as fuels, but they do both burn.

Another method people have experimented with is to mix the raw
by-product, unseparated glyc/soaps/catalyst, with wood chips or
sawdust, but this is where concerns over proper combustion arise.
Top-down gasifier should do nicely though. I want to do some work on
this soon too.

Regards

Keith

Biofuels at Journey to Forever