Sounds to me like the "one that got away", I don't hear this kind of
thinking very much and I'd say your customer has a weak or non-existent
science background so I wouldn't try to approach it from a scientific
point of view.

I would tell them it was a very intersesting perspective that you had
not thought of before and ask them how they came to that conclusion?
The closest analogy I can think of would be the recycling analogy. Would
they think it would make more sense to store used paper in a warehouse
and cut down new trees to make paper?  There's probably a better analogy
out there...\

kk

James Slayden wrote:

> Hola,
>
> In talking with someone recently who is interested in purchasing some
> biodiesel, and interesting comment came up in our email exchange.  He
> indicated that he was more interested in biodiesel made from crude VO than
> that made of WVO. I was trying to convince him that the WVO option was
> better due to the recyclable nature of the WVO, but he insisted that the
> CO sequestering was better of the more recent growing cycle.  I had a
> difficult time convincing him that it was the same .... but oh well.  He
> didn't even care about the GMO feedstock issue!!
>
> I guess what this leaves me with is a customer perception problem of crude
> VO vs. WVO based biodiesel.  I am wondering why that perception issue
> exists and how to overcome it in talking w/ people who are not biodiesel
> geeks.  I know that most of the folks at the Berkley BD Co-op are
> religiously pro-WVO BD and will absolutely not put GMO-VO biodiesel in
> their vehicles.  So there is the dichotomy in interest of the different
> feedstocks for biodiesel.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> James Slayden

> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.