Hello Hakan:

                        I«m working with biodiesel in Argentina, and
after
read your articule I have to say that I«m really agree with all your
ideas
expresed that paragraphs. In special with your conception about will
consume
in the future the last oil reserves (the industrialized countries, of
course!), there is NO PLACE for our third world countries in this oil
reserves.
    In fact I belive that if our countries take the biofuels way,
have a
very big chance to overcome and get really strong economies. We can
use
biofuel while other countries fight by the oil, and this can save us
and
make our life easy and safe!
    Argentina have several advantages, we are the biggest vegetable
oil
exporter in the world (5 millon tonnes per year), we have we have up
to 10
millon hectaries of unused land that could produce more than 2 tonnes
of oil
per hectarie with alternative oil crops, we have a very eficient
crushing
complex (similar in tecnology to the US soybean crushing complex).
But our
goberment don«t listen to us, we need biofuel politcs!!. That«s the
problem.
    However our diesel fuel is expensive, and this is good for
biofuels.
    I have some suggestions on how to create a biofuel business, I«m
working
in biodiesel process tecnology and I think that this could be one
key. My
objetive is to create the Fort T of biodiesel plants. So I
develouping a
plant work without use any chemical catalist, and this have several
advantages:

- The process can consume any crude vegetable oil or grease (without
neutralize).
- In every feedstock we obtain a minimum of 99% of biodiesel yield
with not
less than 97% conversion.
- The process don«t make any soap.
- The process don«t wash the biodiesel (because don«t have any soap
and
catalist trazes).
- The procesing time is 6 minutes vs 1 to 6 hours in the convetional
way.
- The entire process use 4 time less energy than the others.
- For the same capacity the plant is little (and cheaper).
- The process is fully continuos.
- The biodiesel obtained always have good quality.
- The glicerine obtained have higher concentrations and less
contaminants
than in the other process.
- The process don«t need operators.
- The cost for procesing its cheaper.
- And the most important, the process is very eficient at any scale!!

    So, my idea is start producing biodiesel with this plant (at very
low
scale) in coops with farmers who will procesing their own seeds to
produce
their own fuel. This could be very auspicious, because we are
producing a
high quality products, at low cost, without need a big invest.
    I think that with this technology we open up and support the
possibilities of a decentralized a biofuel production.

    We also are researching the alternative oil crops (Energy Crops),
this
could help us in the medium term (5 - 10 years), because set a new
crop in
arid lands, needs a lot of  invest and research (to take care the
local
enviroment). But I think that in the future, most of vegetable oil for
biodiesel will come from alternative crops because in 2020 will be
8.000
millons people in the world, and will need a lots of food!.

    Thank you very much for think in us!, the developing countries.

    Best regards,

                                Mauro Knudsen.

--- In biofuels-biz@yahoogroups.com, Hakan Falk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Some time ago I started to write on "Biofuel business in developing
> countries". I now reach a stage where it could be beneficial to ask
for
> comments and suggestions from the list members. The most important
> suggestions on how to create and organize a biofuel business are
not ready,
> I estimate that it is 20% more needed but you can look at it,
>
> http://energy.saving.nu/biofuels/biofueldev.shtml
>
> It should be of special interest if I can get comments from members
working
> in developing countries. If you do not want to post your comments,
please
> send them to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hakan

> If you want to take a look on a project
> that is very close to my heart, go to:
> http://energysavingnow.com/
> http://hakan.vitools.net/ My .Net Card
> http://hakan.vitools.org/ About me
> http://vitools.com/ My webmaster site
> http://playa.nu/ Our small rental activities
> "A truth's initial commotion is directly proportional to
> how deeply the lie was believed. It wasn't the world
> being round that agitated people, but that the world
> wasn't flat. When a well-packaged web of lies has
> been sold to the masses over generations, the truth
> will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving
> lunatic."  -- Dresden James
>
> "No flag is large enough to cover the shame of
> killing innocent people" -- Howard Zinn
>
> "Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
> We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may
> wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
> wrinkles the soul." - Unknown

Make Money Online Auctions! Make $500.00 or We Will Give You Thirty Dollars for
Trying!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/yMx78A/fNtFAA/46VHAA/9bTolB/TM