Dear Levent,

A mono ester (such as most fatty-acid methyl esters used for biodiesel)
have just one ester group (-COO-) somewhere close to the end of a largish
molecule some 16 or 18 carbon atoms long. This 'chain' can be terminated by
any aliphatic group such as methyl-, ethyl-, butyl-etc.

A di ester has two ester linkages usually at near each end of that long
chain of carbon atoms. So the chain can be terminated by two aliphatic
groups to make a di-ester.

You can see that such a molecule would have similar properties to
conventional "biodiesel" except that it carries more oxygen with it. One
consequence is that you would probably get fewer kilometres to the litre.
Another is that it would probably be cleaner burning (depending a bit on
what else is attached to that carbon chain).

Regards

Michael Allen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/9bTolB/TM