>We don't use potassium hydroxide and I have no personal experience of its
>use. I'm sure there are other people who read this who can be of more help.
>However, you may have to explain what you mean by "good". Chemically, the
>various methyl esters of palm-oil should not be influenced by the choice of
>catalyst. Afterall, catalysts are not supposed to take place in a reaction
>are they?

Not quite. Catalysts DO participate in reactions. What makes them
catalysts (and not precursors or products) is that they are not
consumed; instead, they are regenerated. Apparently, our "catalysts" ARE
partially consumed.

And  it is not physically impossible for a reaction to show a preference
for one catalyst over another. To take an extreme example, in organic
chemistry some enzymes (organic catalysts) catalyze ONLY one reaction,
and that reaction cannot even take place without its specific enzyme.

Marc de Piolenc

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada. Low
prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/9bTolB/TM