Hey.. I like your sig

mine G.O.A.T

Generalist of all trades

Anyway and I can buy a kilt too? we have been discussing how we get/make
some and you may be THE MAN.

Anyway first you need to find out what voltage they run at.

the small one 250 to 500 kva usually use 12 volt batteries.

Some of the larger ones 750 to 1800 kva use 24 volts and the big ones
use 48 volts usually, but I have seen REALLY big ones use 120 volts DC.

This voltage stepping is to cut the number of amps drawn.

It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to run 2400 watts off 12v battery's, as the
current draw would be in excess of 100 amps.

you can WELD metal with that kind of current.

So once you know what voltage you need, get the appropriate external
deep cycle batteries. If you want to maintain water and acid, then
regular golf cart batts give allot of bang for the buck and you can get
decent used ones cheap at a golf car place.

I like to use the Optima yellow top gel cells as they give lots of
current without water leakage or evap.

So hook two in series and you have 2x12=24 volts or use 4 of them for 48
volts.

Not sure how the list is with photos, but I will try and snap a few pics
of my inverter setup with batteries.

Most of the larger sizes, like APC 2000kva have plugs on the back where
you can just plug the pack  in with an "andrews" connector.

but you can also just hook straight to the fuse box in the UPS.

speaking of fuses. All the UPS's have one iside that is sized right for
the kva output.

USE THE FUSE, or you WILL be sorry.

It's there for a reason.

anyway let me get my digicam out and I'll send a few of a 24 system.

mel

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/9bTolB/TM